so what could be so important to say that i am not picking up the phone, but yet, trying to be computer savvy and dare i say a computer "nerd"? well, after being in birmingham for almost three years, finding the love of my life and let us not forget finally graduating from college, i have come to accept that i officially live in alabama...and doom of all doom, i have the dreaded alabama tag! with that comes the sadness of having friends far away, not so far away, and then those new friends who are close to home (alabamians are not so bad). i often find myself day by day thinking of various friends, trips, experiences, and moments in time. those moments are in my thoughts for a reason...because i love my life, i love the people in my life, and i love how that has shaped who i am.
i have shared with many of you the various feelings that overwhelmed me after my wedding. one of those feelings was that of blessing. i was blessed beyond belief that i had so many of those that i love around me on such an important day in my life. if was fun to look at everyone and remember something precious and priceless about them. so, here i am, copying my sister once again (she is the one who introdued me to this nerdy crap), and wondering what exactly i am trying to do with this. well, this is a salute to you...my friends, my family, those stupid days in highschool when we thought we were so grown up, those crazy nights in athens when life couldn't get any better, those summers away from friends only to meet new ones that will only add to the quality of life, and let us not forget the midnight runs to mcdonalds! yes we have all certainly grown up, not much, but we do have to portray a sense of responsibility. so, we get married, we stand up for one another at weddings, we move to new places, some of you get to keep experiencing the dating world, while some of us keep answering the dreaded question "when are the babies coming?", and then somehow in the day to day life of busy schedules and lives, we sit back and dream about the memories and wish we were young again.
all that to say: keep checking in, saying hey, remember i love you, and the next time you look, i will be telling stories of another person who has made my life a blast!!! one day you will find new words, words about yourself and maybe even a dreaded picture that you had hoped was burned by now!
thanks for being in my life and here's to those midnight runs to mcdonalds...
Friday, February 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
To answer your question . . . .
simply being you, my Whittie!
AND to the world of visitors,
I share with you another of God's greatest creations, MY DAUGHTER, my love.
Oh, if only we could go back to those midnight runs at McDonald's. I would order a large fry and a large mcflurry with m&m's. Whit, your poetic-ness makes me miss you so much. You are such a creative soul, and I love that about you. I miss being close (in proximity) to the friends I call dearest to my heart. I am very sad tonight because I heard some bad news about a family friend from home...who is fighting her final battle with cancer. It makes me realize how much I love you, my best friends, my confidantes--you believe in me, you love me, and care for me despite all my mistakes. May I never take for granted the joy you bring to my life whit. You are a woman of God, a rock, and I love you dearly. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Love you. Kel.
Post a Comment