Saturday, January 24, 2009

mom and her mac

Photo Booth

i am a dork.  i know i am.  but aren't all dorks with new macs essentially cool.  i think so. whatever i am, i had fun while playing all afternoon with my ticket to coolness.  i think it has consumed my brain so much in one day that i have had a few insane mom moments...

mom moment #1:  while hitting up the neighborhood zaxby's for our nutritious meal, i ordered, i drove to the window, i greeted the worker, i paid for my meal, and i drove off.  i quickly noticed the aroma of grease and butter was not infiltrating my car.  i then had to partake in my first drive-thru-of-shame.  i think i made that man's day...he gets to go home and tell his family about that "crazy white lady who sho' nuff fogot her suppa". 

mom moment #2: i realized tonight that i have been bathing my child with bubble bath.  for two weeks i have been wondering why in the world this body wash was so bubbly.  oh geez, at least she learned a new word - "bubboos".

mom moment #3:  i found myself looking at myself and thinking "i am a mom.  a real mom.  weird."  yep, that is right whitney, you are indeed a mom, and have been for almost 20 months.  you'd think i would have gotten that realty down pat by now.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing outloud. At least you didn't leave Addison at Zaxby's :)

Love you!
shan

Robyn Herring said...

Very funny. I think the funniest part is that you were bathing Addison with bubble bath. I'm sure it all works the same anyway :)

Camille said...

I have totally done the driving off without my food thing! It's embarrassing but so funny!

And I'm almost 36 months in and still having to tell myself that I am a mom. It still is hard to wrap my head around!

And i love the pics of you. they made me smile.
love you friend.