Tuesday, October 12, 2010

week three

riley-033

here we are. week three.

in some ways it has been laid-back-lounge-on-the-chair-and-cross-your-feet kind of easy. in other ways - in breastfeeding ways - it has been toes-curling-drive-me-crazy-what-the-heck-am-i-doing not so easy. but i am daily resting on a good friend, good wisdom and good hope that we are succeeding - despite the soreness, despite the late nights, and today, despite the thrush. i said with addison that breastfeeding was the hardest thing i ever tried...and i stand close by that statement with riley saying it is the hardest thing i have ever done. but i am doing it. praise God!

and for you aunt sha-sha, a up close three week pic. he looks so much like sister when she was a baby. i haven't gotten one of the two of them yet since little miss has had a yucky cough. but soon i will. in the meantime, he doesn't mind holding the spotlight. he knows he is handsome already.

that is about all for tonight. i am so sure you came here excited to hear small chronicles of feeding. sorry if it has been too much information. but it has been a journey. one that i came into not willing or accepting defeat. and one i am proud to say i am accomplishing. no matter how hard it is. here's to us little man!

riley-035

6 comments:

Sutton Family said...

So proud of you Whit! I know that in a few weeks, you'll be a pro and all the stress and discomfort will be worth it. That is when it is the sweetest experience you will ever share with your child. By the way, he is A-DOR-ABLE!

Love y'all!

Camille said...

Oh friend, I had thrush with bella and I did a ton of home remedies to help it go away faster. Don't know if they actually helped but it mentally helped me feel like I was doing something. Call me if you want to but I know how painful it is! Praying it goes away fast!!!
Love you!

K.S. said...

So proud of you, sweet friend, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little boy already. He is such a cutie. Can't wait to give him a big kiss and introduce him to his BFF, John :). So sorry about the thrush, will be praying for quick healing...

Shannon Lewis said...

ok, my work computer blocks the website you use for your pics, so I can't see them yet, but I'm so excited just knowing they are there!! Can't wait to check it out when I get home!
Love you! Hang in there!

Kristin Seidensticker said...

WHIT WHIT!!! He is soooo cute and he does kind of look like addison!!!! I can't wait to see a pic of the two of them!!! How is addi-bug doing with being a big sister now???? Ok so glad you guys are doing well!

Meredith said...

I love his little legs propped up! So cute!!!! Can't wait to see him!! Take care & I am proud you tried breastfeeding again! There are some painful moments indeed but so worth it:) Love u lots!:)