Friday, January 21, 2011

lunching...

...is good in theory.

we mommies have baby brain. and baby brain causes you to make completely insane decisions. like "hey, let's go eat at cracker barrel with 6 kids in tow." yes, good in theory. in reality...well, fun chaos. i don't know what was more fun...seeing addison throw back a biscuit and cornbread the minute she sat down, keeping elly from swiping the forks, brookes little squeals and grins, or trying to have a conversation with every other sentence being "sit down. eat your lunch. i will knock you into next week if you don't obey." or maybe it was the marching and singing around and around the table.

regardless of the chaos, it was just nice to see these girls. it is hard to believe i have been in birmingham for 8 years now. wow. 8 years. when you get older friendships develop differently than when you are in college. but they still happen. and i am so glad they happened with these two women.

even if they are auburn peeps.

blog-005

blog-002

3 comments:

Robyn Herring said...

I'm laughing just thinking about the experience again. And even if you are a cheater and posted Friday's post on Saturday or Sunday, I'm giving you credit for it! Like I said at lunch, next time -- pizza at my house. Don't forget the wine.

Robyn Herring said...

Oh, and it's a good thing I'm the blurry one in this pic. I'm pretty sure I threatened your life if you posted it. I have to admit though, it totally sums up the experience.

Lauren said...

Ha! I think we have reached the point in motherhood where it's like, "I have two functioning brain cells and I just don't even care!" It was quite the hilarious experience though. Glad I have you guys to share it with. We should seriously have a regular wine lunch date. I feel guilty drinking alone at home during the middle of the day, but it's somehow different if y'all are drinking with me : ) Love you!