Monday, September 08, 2008

parenting

Parenting. It has so many different elements that make it so amazing, yet so challenging. Addison has had her moments, but I can safely say that the past 15 months have been so easy…so rewarding. I consider us quite lucky that it has taken 15 months before we have had to face the harsh reality that my child is a sinner. And more explanatory, she is a biter. Though it has only happened twice, it is still wrong. And what hurts even more is that it is so intentional…my little girl intentionally hurts her friends.

Now I know it is that age, just a phase, a daycare thing, learning to share, ect…but it has physically hurt my heart. If I am honest it is probably my guilty emotions ruling this pain. I should be at home. I should be raising her instead of designing stupid buildings. I should be teaching her myself instead of relying on someone else. But I can’t. Not yet. I pray, deeply pray it would happen soon. In the meantime, Terry and I will love our little miss despite her sharp teeth. We will cover her with grace and mercy, and we will point her to Jesus.

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Max Milligan is a hair puller and she has the "evil eye" scary huh! and then they cuddle up to you and break your heart all over again knowing that tomorrow they'll be one day older. miss you and addison.

Shannon Lewis said...

You are using your talents to provide a wonderful life for Addison - this comes in the form of a job that I know you love. She doesn't understand it yet, but Addison is going to be so proud of her Mom for following her dreams and being a positive role model for her precious daughter! You are an amazing mother. I love you!