the tingles are frugal these days but the idea of preschool daily tugs on my mind. to send her or not to send her?
i have been putting it off and today i finally made the call to our church preschool. and just this morning a spot came open for the Tuesday/Thursday 3 year old class. i was secretly hoping in the back of my mind that they were all full so the decision would be made for me. but that just ain't how things work, does it? ha.
so i have until tomorrow morning to make the decision. and i have no idea what to do. i know it should be a no brainer but i go back and forth so much on what to do. i guess after sending her to daycare for two years it would make it easier but it actually makes it harder. i just got her back - do i want to send her away again? i know, i know....2 days for 4 hours is not exactly sending her away again. oh the drama my mind creates :).
so, all you moms out there with cute little preschoolers...help! is two days even worth the money? educationally? socially? ect? ect?
6 comments:
SO worth it! I think the benefits are more for her than for you. At least, that's how I feel about Evynne. She adores school and all of her friends there. Plus, I believe it will help prepare them to be in a classroom setting when they head off to kindergarten (sigh.) The cherished one-on-one time with Riley (and some extra naps) will also be great for you if you send her. The spot opening up the very morning you called is just as clear an answer in my mind as them being full!
All that said, I don't think you will make a "wrong" decision whatever you decide :)
I JUST told Michael at lunch that I was going to call about enrolling Harper in the fall because I thought it would be beneficial for her to get out of here a couple mornings/week. Especially having an infant in the house, some days I feel like she is not getting the attention and stimulation that she deserves. Very bittersweet, but it's not the same as daycare. I remember going to preschool at 2 and 3 and have great memories of those days. You know Addison better than anyone, so go with your gut.
It was so good for Levi last year! He went just two mornings as well and he loved it! Educationally i wouldn't say it's a big score but socially it was and just being under another authority besides his mom was good for him. He will go only 3 days this year before going full days in K. Also it was a good morning to just be with Bella. All my attention was on her and I cherished those moments. But I totally understand just getting her home with you too. You are a great mom Whit and can't go wrong. Plus if you enroll her, decide it isn't for you, take her out. You can always change your mind! Love you and praying for you!
Obviously, I have no advice, but I know you will make the right decision!!
i'm not a mom, but you know i always have an opinion...i say YES! send her! enjoy your moments of one on one time with riley!
You know I don't have a preschooler yet, but I think Addison would enjoy a couple of days of socializing and routine! This summer I have still been taking Tanner and Duggan to their lady and they love it~they get sick of seeing me everyday!!:) I see so much growth in them both from being around so many other children! Hope you are well!
Post a Comment