Tuesday, January 02, 2007

another one

It is a new year. Ok. So what. Please forgive my bitterness, I am just not a huge new years fan. I don’t really celebrate it like so many others and I really don’t make resolutions. I guess in the grand scheme of things I don’t see the point in waiting until this one particular day a year to proclaim to make myself better. My hope is that everyday I try to achieve the best for myself, my husband, my work, my family. I know I will fail at times and that some days will be better than others. But I feel that if I wait until January 1 to declare my hopes, dreams and goals for the year, well then, I am just selling myself short. Now, my Terry, he loves New Years Eve and Day– he loves the hype, the going out, the dressing up, the countdown, the noise, the fireworks, the kiss, the song that no one knows the words to, the resolutions and the football. So for him, we got dressed and went out, we laughed and enjoyed each other, we saw a few fireworks, we made some resolutions and we watched countless hours of football. And for me – well he let me go to bed at 11:30 and sleep the night away.

So what was my one measly resolution…get to work by 8 so I can leave at 5. Ask me what time I sat down at my desk this morning….go ahead, ask me…8:00!!!! Wahooo!!!! One day down and 300 something or other to go…

Happy New Year to all you New Years Resolutionaries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resolutionaries is a big word - I like it - and I have a full legal pad page full of new year's resolutions :) you love it!

Anonymous said...

you make good resolutions, shan...i just say ditto to your list!