“She had her backpack on about 1 hour early and kept asking if it was time to leave yet. The teachers warmly welcomed her and she barely gave me a hug goodbye. I haven't been able to get much information out of her about what they did, but she said she is excited to go back on Thurs.”
Many of you have asked what Terry and I were like the day of our ultrasound. Well, let me tell you…we were just like Brynn. If backpacks were needed at the doctor, there would have been backpacks. If there was a mom to take pictures by the door, pictures would have been taken. If there was someone to say goodbye to, we would have barely hugged them…all with nothing but the new adventure in sight. Terry only got worse, far worse than Brynn I am afraid. He couldn’t stop smiling, or talking (surprise, surprise).
“Oh, I see it’s face” says overexcited-can’t-shut-up-dad.
“Yeah, that’s the abdomen” replies the sweet nurse.
He tries again, “And the leg. I see the leg!”
“Um yeah, that’s the arm.”
Hee hee…poor overexcited-can’t-shut-up-dad…he tried. I kept watching Terry though, falling in love with him over again at his passion for life, especially this particular life. As for me, I had done my Google research. I had looked at hundreds of ultrasound pictures showing me the difference between a girl and a boy. Before our nurse even said anything, I could already tell it was a girl. So I spent the small seconds waiting and watching Terry. Scary Moment, very SCARY…is my husband about to freak out? Is he going to be disappointed? Is he going to cry, pitch a fit, heaven forbid tell the nurse she is wrong?
Pause. “It’s a Girl!”
I wish you could have seen his face, my Terry’s face. It is one I will never forget. It was the face of a daddy looking at his little girl. Tears, smiles, even a signature Terry nervous laugh. And just like Brynn, we relished in our little secret of the days happenings…but only for a little while.
1 comment:
Precious Whit & Terry...I wish I could have seen your faces that day. You are going to be the most amazing parents...what a blessed little girl she will be! You are the best story teller ever, Whit. You must become a writer very soon. love, kel
Post a Comment